March Wine of the Month!
We are doing our best to help Spring arrive early this year! To that end our March wine of the month is our 2014 Provence style Rose. Provence is a region in France that produces primarily dry Rose wine. Located in the South East of France it has very demanding grape growing conditions that produce quick ripening wines with bright acidity. To that affect we have paired our 2014 Rose with a baby lettuce, feta, strawberries and almonds salad.
You’ll find watermelon, white flower petal, green apple and a hint of tangerine in the finish of this Rose. To make sure that you have plenty of Rose to pair with this amazing recipe we are giving an extra 10% off of bottles of Rose for the entire month of March!
Baby lettuces, Feta, Strawberries and Almonds Salad
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, preferably Banyuls
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups packed assorted baby lettuces (about 6 ounces)
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
- 4 ounces feta (preferably French), crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped
In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve with our delicious 2014 Rose!